Pazham Pori ( Banana Fritters )
Pazham pori ,though named differently in different parts of Kerala like ethakka appam,ethakka bajji and all,is the most popular among the tea time snacks of Kerala.Sold across the tea shops of kerala,the banana fritters are made with Nethrakkaya or Kerala bananas.On the house fronts its a usual snack as well.
- 1 large well ripened banana
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour/maida
- 3 tbsp rice flour (optional)
- salt and one pinch of turmeric powder
- oil to shallow fry
- Peel the banana skin and cut into two.Take one potion and cut it lengthwise(3-4).
Make a smooth batter with all pupose flour,rice flour,salt and turmeric powder.(the batter should be in a medium consistency)
Now heat a shallow frying pan and pour oil
Dip the banana pieces thoroughly in the batter and slowly arrange them to frying pan.
Fry the banana and turn it over till crisp.
Fry both the sides and drain in paper towels..
(If you want it more sweet,add some sugar)