Blessed with a west coastline and many backwaters,rivers ,ponds and lagoons,Kerala,also known as God’s Own Country,is home to a wide variety of fish species .Fish plays a major role in the daily food preparation of an average Kerala family.Simmered in spices,marinated in raw pepper mixture,cooked in different kind of coconut bases,the description goes on.Among the many varieties,this is a usual meen porichathu,a preparation in central kerala,which they relish with rice and curries.
- 6 Seer Slices as shown in the picture
- 2 tsp of pepper seeds
- 6 shallots
- 1 sprig of curry leaves
- 1 tbsp of kashmiri chilly powder
- Half tsp of turmeric powder
- Salt and coconut oil as needed
- Clean the seer slices and pat dry
- First grind the pepper seeds in the small jar of the grinder roughly.
- Now add all other powders,shallots,curry leaves,salt and 2 tsp of water.
- Grind this to a fine mixture.
- Marinate the fish well with the spice mixture at least for one hour in fridge.
- Heat coconut oil in a frying pan and shallow fry the fish pieces.
- Serve hot with Rice or chappathi.