This is another exotic vegetable preparation from kerala.The term ‘thoran’ refers to the process of making something dry.Usually in thoran,the vegetables are being cooked in their own juice and so will be bursting with energy.Cooked along with coconut and mild spices,it’s no wonder why thorans have become a regular in Malayalee households.Thoran can be made with any vegetable and with small variations in spices,each of them can be unique in taste..!
- 2 cups of finely chopped green beans
- 4 tbsps of grated coconut
- 1 green chilly chopped
- 5 shallots
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chilly powder
- Half tsp mustard seeds
- 2 sprigs of curry leaves
- Coconut oil and salt as required
- Clean ,wash and chop the green beans finely
- Crush the coconut along with shallots,green chilly,turmeric and chilly powders.Add salt.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and splutter mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Reduce the heat and mix in the chopped beans .
- Close the pan with a lid and cook in law heat for 3 minutes
- Open the lid.Saute well and add the coconut mixture.Close and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Stir in between and check seasoning.Once the beans gets cooked,open the lid and stir well to make it dry.
- Serve hot with rice and curries.