This was my childhood favourite.One special appam
that used to melt in mouth exploding into subtle sweet flavours.Here is a recreation from childhood !!
- 1 cup All purpose flour/maida
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- pinch of salt
- sugar and milk/coconut milk as needed
Utensil Required : a shallow clay pan
- In a bowl mix the all purpose flour and egg well.Add water slowly and continue mixing till you reach a dropping smooth consistency.Don’t be too watery.Add salt.
- Now heat the clay pan .Reduce to medium flame.Drop one scoop of batter to the centre of the pan.Don’t flatten it.just drop and close with a lid so that small bubbles will start appearing over the top.
- Check in between and take it out slowly with a tawa when cooked.
- Soak the muttappathiri in either sweetened coconut milk or milk .
*This will make 4 muttappathiris.
*You may get tired if you are making with a brand new clay pan.This needs lot of patience and care,to say.To make your clay pot cooking friendly,rub it with tamarind and boil some water with tamarind in it !!