- 2 medium sized bitter gourd chopped into small pieces
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp urad dal splits (uzhunnu parippu)
- 1 dry chilly
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 1 tsp chilly powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 cloves garlic (small)
- 4 curry leaves
- Crush all the ingredients in the section and keep.
- Wash the chopped bitter gourd and drain
- Heat coconut oil in a kadai/pan and splutter mustard seeds,urad dal,dry chilly and curry leaves.
- Drop the chopped bitter gourd and onion and sauté well for 2 minutes.
- Add the crushed mixture.Mix well and add salt.Close with a lid and cook for 5 minutes.Check in between and mix well.
- Open the lid and roast till pavakka/bittergourd turn brown in colour.
- Add more oil if needed (optional)
- Check the seasoning.
* This is a super accompaniment with rice and fish curry !