To Cook Chicken
Chicken – I medium size cut into medium pieces
Onion – 1 big sliced thin
Tomato – 3 big chopped
Green Chilly – 4, chopped
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 and half tbsp
Garam Masala – Half tsp
Chilly Powder – One and half tsp
Turmeric Powder – Half tsp
Chopped Coriander leaves – 150 gm
Chopped Mint leaves – 50 gm
Curd – 1 cup
Salt – as needed
To Pressure Cook
Oil – 1 tbsp
Ghee 1 tbsp
Cloves – 4
Cardamom – 4
Bay Leaf – 1
Onion – 1 medium sliced thinly
Basmati Rice – 3 cups
Lime Juice – of one lime
Hot Water- 6 cups
Fried onion rings, cashews and raisins
- Mix everything in the first section in a pot.If possible mix well with your hand and cook it in full flame without adding water.
- Half cook the chicken and switch off the stove.(will only take 5-7 mts)
- Clean and wash the rice in cold water and drain.
- Place a Pressure cooker over the flame and heat oil and ghee.Splutter cloves,cardamom and bay leaf.
- Add onion slices and sauté till light brown.Add rice and fry till the rice turn whiter.
- Reduce the flame and add chicken along with gravy.
- Pour the hot water and mix well.Be careful of the water level.It has to be just above rice mixture.
- Add lime juice and check salt.
- Close the cooker lid .Put the weight only after the steam releases vigorously.Now reduce the flame.Put weight and cook for 5 mts.
- Switch off the stove and leave it idle for another 5 mts.
- Open and check the seasoning.If you have more water/moisture,place it in an oven proof dish and cook dry.
- Garnish with fried onion,cashews and raisins.Serve with raita and pappad.
* Recipe Source – Vanitha Pachakam