This is a typical village style preparation from Kerala.Being a no-oil,non-fat dish,I feel this method is still very relevant and heart friendly to cherish.Eventhough I used pearlspot here,sardine is even a better choice if you can have !
3 medium size pearlspots cleaned and washed
Half cup crushed shallots
2 tomatoes chopped
1 piece ginger crushed
5-6 garlic crushed
2 green chillies crushed
2 tsp kashmiri chilly powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
2 sprig curry leaves
salt as needed
Half cup water
- Make a marinade with all the ingredients other than pearlspot and water.
- Apply this marinade over the fish at least for one hour.
- Now shift it to a pot/earthern pot and pour the water.Bring to a boil in medium heat.
- Reduce the heat and cook till the gravy thickens and fish get cooked well.
- Serve with rice/roti/chappathi