One thing I have noticed about my blogging is that I haven’t recorded any of those egg recipes till date.So to begin with, I thought of scribing this favourite of mine which I consider as a quick fix curry.This recipe has helped me a lot in handling many unexpected situations in kitchen.This is such a simple recipe to prepare as the ingredients are readily available in most kitchens.
5 hard- boiled eggs,shelled and cut into 4 (lengthwise)
1 piece ginger chopped
4 garlic cloves chopped
2 onions sliced
1 tomato sliced
1 green chilly sliced
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 sprig curry leaves
1/2 cup water
salt,coconut oil as needed
For Coconut Mixture
3/4 cup grated coconut
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp chilly powder
3 tbsp water
- Prepare the coconut mixture by coarsly grinding the ingredients.
- Heat coconut oil in a medium skillet and splutter mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Drop ginger,garlic and green chilly.Roast till the raw smell disappears.Add onion slices and roast till it turn light brown.
- Add tomatoes and saute well for 2 minutes.Mix in the coconut mixture.Add water and salt.Bring this to a boil.
- Now Add the sliced egg pieces.Reduce the heat and cook it well till the gravy thickens and coats over the egg.It’s better not to stir with spoon,as it may break the egg pieces.Instead shake the skillet .
- Check the seasoning.Switch off the stove and pour few drops of coconut oil (optional).
- Serve hot with rice/chappathi.