I have prepared and tasted many kinds of stew from Kerala.But a stew with peanuts,I hadn’t experienced that so far.While going through Tarla Dalal Cooking & More magazine
,I have found this simple stew recipe from Maharashtra.Thrilled with the idea,I was so eager to prepare the dish.It’s an awesome different flavour and we all loved it so much here.That’s why I decided to blog this one.Hope you all will enjoy !!
Since this was a totally new recipe to me,I just followed the recipe and here it is :
1 cup peanuts
1 tbsp oil
4 tsp cumin seeds
salt to taste
3 cup water
For the coconut paste
1/2 cup freshly grated coconut
2 green chillies
1 small piece ginger (25mm)
1 green chilly,finely chopped
few chopped coriander leaves
- Pressure-cook the peanuts along with 2 cups of water and salt for 2 whistles.Drain and keep aside to cool.
- Heat the oil in a pan and splutter cumin seeds
- Add the grounded paste and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the salt and peanuts along with 1 cup of water and simmer on a slow flame for 5-7 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with chillies and coriander leaves.