6 pieces of fish (mine is 2 pomfrets cut into three each)
6 medium tomatoes chopped
1 small onion chopped
4 green chillies chopped
1 small piece of ginger chopped
1 sprig curry leaf
1 tsp chilly powder
Pinch of turmeric powder
1 piece of coccum
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp coconut oil
salt as needed
- Prepare a paste by grinding the tomatoes.
- Heat oil in a small curry pot (preferably earthenware) and sauté chopped onion,green chillies,ginger and curry leaves till onion change colour.
- Add turmeric and chilly powder and sauté till the raw smell disappears
- Now add the tomato mixture and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add coccum,salt and water and bring it to a boil.
- Add the fish pieces and reduce the flame.Cook till the curry thickens and fish get cooked well.
- Serve with chappathi/rice/appam.